Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Inventory

Things that are new to my life (in the last year) that I really enjoy
  • Aquiring blazers and cookbooks
  • Cats (esp when standing on "hinders")
  • Gallery gals & library ladies (both on & off duty)
  • The one I like best (esp when standing in "pleased posture")
  • Montreal (the city I like best? More than Bayonne?)

Things in my life that have made welcome reappearances

  • Bangs
  • Wide leg jeans, sneakers
  • Owen Pallett & Sufjan Stevens
  • Olives, tartines with chevre & cucumber
  • Yoga

Seasonal reappearances that make the snow bearable

  • Mashed potatoes (now with Tikka Masala sauce)
  • Hot chocolate almond milk
  • Fiction binges & obsessions with Marian apparations

Constants I am always grateful for

  • Family & the best two gals
  • Music made with moogs
  • Poetry magazine

The latest issue of which bears a Giacomo Leopardi quotation "Everything since Homer has improved, except poetry." To which I reply with the words of Louis CK (I think?) "Everything is amazing and everyone is miserable."

Things I am saying goodbye to, for the season

  • Oxfords, cropped pants, flats
  • Oscillating fans
  • Walking

Finally, pessimism

  • Public transportation in this city
  • Events that spiral out of control
  • I am terrible at Christmas gifts
  • I cannot find any good looking boots with sensible heels. I am resigned to freezing my feet while treading safely in sneakers or warm feet in a pair of lovely flat boots that have astoundingly no grip whatsoever on the ice. Everyone is miserable, there have been no good boots since Homer!

No comments: