Friday, September 24, 2010

All Weather/Swoon Letter



Danse dans la neige, 1948
photographs by Maurice Perron, gelatin silver prints
Musée national des beaux-arts du Québec

http://www.canadacouncil.ca/

Yesterday my boss told me that Francoise Sullivan, dancer, painter, sculptor, muse, fascinating figure, will be in town on Monday afternoon to celebrate the restoration of a sculpture for display and a fim screening, to which I cried No! because I had no idea and had scheduled a meeting at 1:30. I did not actually cry out, I made a disappointed face and sadly said "Oh I have a meeting at 1:30" resigned to my fate.


Yesterday I also ran into the one I like best. I have resigned myself to the fact (notion) that anything I interpret as interest is basic human decency, or simply the fact that he is interested in al things and people, just not me romantically.

So there's that disappointment as well. Oh well. It's missing out on making out, not an appearance by an iconic Canadian arts legend.

No comments: