Saturday, December 1, 2012

Wants vs Needs



Needs: iPhone cases from society6.com, which became a need last weekend after a year of not putting a case on the fragile baby of a phone. My feelings for seahorses and elephants have been well documented on other internet locations.


Wants: The new Nico Muhly album Drones (Drones & Piano, Drones & Viola, Drones & Violin). My feelings for Nico Muhly can also be found all over the internet. I would also like him to compile the best of his Twitter account into a book with accompanying illustrations. I would also like to be his best friend. I feel like we should be constantly going to the orchestras and shopping and cooking and mixing drinks while gossiping about people and visiting Iceland together. But for reals, drones, pianos, and violins are my favourite things.


Needs: Identity & the Museum Visitor Experience. Also the time to fully read it and the time to implement everything you learn from it. My plans for the holidays are to immerse myself in this. And some Tove Jansson novels.




Wants/Needs: the Northern Adventure cruise on the Cunard line's Queen Victoria. Copenhagen! Gothenburg! The pianist currently on the Queen Victoria! That I cannot sleep when he is not here or I haven't had a 3 hour Skype session. Acceptable substitutions: Time travel to February when his contract is done; Skype improving call quality to fully dimensional corporeal holograms that also smell and taste and feel like the person you are talking to. But also I have a lot of feelings about the Scandinavian lands. Just not as many as I do about Blond Pianists.

No comments: